And then there were three, and four, and five, and ...

Like a zombie or a Hollywood attention span, I bring this blog creakily back to life.

Apologises for the extended gap between postings - Mrs Zombie Killer and I now have a little terror of our own - still a little young yet to take part. Couple this with an anti-social job, a long protracted house move and an extended commute time ...

I'll cover how parenthood has altered my gaming habits another time, lets get back to the gaming.

Our long suffering DS is getting a little more attention now that I have a couple of hours of travel time each working day. And thus, I've finally found the Golden Apple! Yep the first Professor Layton has been completed (116 puzzles found and solved) and only one puzzle is still eluding detection. Can't get all the weekly downloads as the WEP encryption isn't good enough for our WPA enable network.
So, the next couple of Layton games are waving their arms; New Super Mario Bros is also getting me interested and I've also added Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective as one to get - there's a flash demo online or a different level from the DS download service.
Also tried out Rooms from the DS Download and really wasn't all that impressed - but then I'm not a huge fan of sliding puzzle games

The Wii is remaining quiet - taking advantage of the re-opened demo section to totally fill the hard drive (time to invest in a new SD card me-thinks) but the only new purchase this year has been a Wii Fit Plus for her Christmas present. And still in it's box as I write ...

PS3 is also quiet - haven't purchased MAG and have only just picked up a 500Gb HDD for it. Which I still need to install but haven't run a backup on the 60GB drive yet for over a year

I did pick up the DLC for Batman and Resident Evil 5, though I did also wait for prices to come down. I've also finally downloaded Age of Booty of which I've played to the last single player level and not completed at all in multiplayer.
We seem to be using the PS3 more for iPlayer than for games - this may change once I get the new HDD but I can't see much of an increase in online gaming on it just yet.

That said, it has been keeping the Assassins Creed 2 disc warm - though it has also been keeping it warm since about the time the little terror was born and as I want to pick up Brotherhood, I really should push on that. Of course, I've just picked up Enslaved so ...

Problem is that, now I finally have a working X360, I'm taking advantage of it. Blur, Split-Second, ilomilo, Dead Space: Ignition, Costume Quest, Crash Course, Harms Way, Defense Grid DLC, Darksiders, Dead Rising: Case Zero, Mass Effect 2 have all been purchased in the last 10 months and the last two of those I haven't even paid yet (the Mass Effect 2 box hasn't even been opened since picking it up as the same time as Assassins Creed 2!

The other title missing from that list is Lara Croft: Guardian of Light - which is currently proving to be our current co-op game and which we seem to be doing okay on.

Hopefully, I can update this blog a little more regularly and stop my posts turning into a list of games and actually comment on them ...

Hopefully ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Games of 2017 - what I've actually played

Halo 3: more minus than plus?

Towers of synchronicity